Traditional forms of marketing are less effective due primarily to changes in technology. People want to control the flow of information on their terms. They will seek out what they want to know — when they want to know it. Hence the reason “inbound marketing”, a termed coined by HubSpot, is gaining momentum. Inbound marketing is based on the concept of earning the attention of prospects, making yourself easy to be found and drawing customers to your website by producing content customers value. (Wikepedia).
More and more we hear that blogging is a good idea. A blog provides an opportunity to express oneself, to share ideas and experiences, and to share knowledge.
Here’s a couple thoughts on why blogging can also provide an advantage to a business:
- Blogging is one key element of an inbound marketing campaign. It is an easy way to create fresh and interesting content. Search engines are increasing the weight of new content in their search engine result rankings.
- Research shows that 92% of online users ambien buy will research a product or service online before purchasing.
- Blogging creates content to be searched and found; it generates more ways to be found, and it creates interest and possibly leads.
- Blogging creates pages and hence content with targeted keywords, combined pages under one website increases the value of those keywords and the value of the overall content on the website
- An article acts as a gateway to other information on a website (e.g., products, services)
- Research shows that regular posts to a blog can increase site traffic by 50% or more
- Blogging provides an opportunity to establish yourself or your company as a thought leader, and an expert in your industry.
- Blog articles provide an opportunity to share how your company, your product or your services can solve real business problems.
So with a little extra reasoning, are you ready to get started?